Mar 29, 2016

Easter, Easter…

Hello Dear Friends!

I don’t know where to start. Maybe with reading. I finished another book. This wasn’t one from my list but it was really entertaining. I hardly recommend „Summer blowout” by Claire Cook. I’ve read it in one night. So funny and relaxing after a busy day at preschool.

Now some Montessori news. First is that we had an Easter fair. Last time I’ve showed you some of the pieces I’ve been doing for it but it was just a small part of the work I’ve made. Actually all my family was involved in the preparation. My auntie made a wonderful crochet Easter eggs, together with my parents we’ve made salt dough decorations, glittery Styrofoam eggs (everything in the kitchen was in the glitter after we’ve finished! Literally everything!), Easter garlands with Styrofoam quail eggs and many, many more.


We sold all the things we prepared and we've earned (for our kindergarten) 
2250 zł (416£ / 593$). 
We broke our record!














We also celebrated St. Patrick’s Day. We don’t celebrate actual feast in Poland but as an English teacher I want to show my students different cultures. So we learn about St. Patrick, about Irish customs and we’ve made some decorations. On March 17th we all have been wearing green shamrocks as well.






Easter passed so quickly because I had only one extra day off work. I spent Great Thursday and Great Friday at work because our kindergarten was open on this time. After the day with kids I ran quickly to the Church to help my friend – who is our best organist – during the mass. Thankfully I didn’t blow anything :) .

On my English classes we’ve been talking about Easter as well. We did our Easter eggs, learn what we put into the Easter basket, what animals are connected with Easter and how do we celebrate Easter Monday. Children were making some lambs from paper and cotton wool, as well as painting rabbits and eggs using cotton buds.




Now we are talking about spring time – we discuss spring weather, first flowers, blooming trees and birds coming back to our country. That’s why I prepared some cards and domino game with spring flowers. We will observe the weather and mark it on the weather charts to see how it is changing. In April we will also learn about plants – how they grow and what they need, what people need to work in the garden and what kinds of animals and plants can we spot in spring time.





In April I will go for the international Montessori conference to Warsaw. Last year all the teachers went there and our workplace were closed for one day, this year headmaster picked only 3 of us – the rest will have to stay at work. This conference will last 3 days. During this time we will take part in lectures about different Montessori techniques of teaching. I picked classes about creating an environment of work, the issues connected with preparing kids for life after preschool, the techniques of observation for teachers and how to work with group where kids are in different age. All of these lectures will be lead by American professors.

This is the reason why I am the one that boss picked for the conference. He needs an interpreter. This year we will share a table with Americans – teachers and professors who are working with Montessori method and lead Montessori schools and preschools. I am a little bit scared. I would like to perfectly tackle the challenge of simultaneous translation. I am reading about it – what should you know and how should you behave during such translation in a group of people. Did you know that there are about 6 types of oral translation?! I am scared…

I’ve been working on my stitching. Especially owl, but I didn’t made any spectacular progress. The rest of stitching was abandoned because if the Easter preparations. I hope to come back to them now, when all the fuss is finally over. I started some new pincushion – I will have to do some to use the remains of fabric that I have after cutting out bigger pieces for different stitching. And I would really like to come back to the pieces I abandoned long time ago. Maybe spring will bring me some new energy to do it.







I hope you are all well and happy. I wish you a lot of sunny days and a lot of energy not only for your stitching. Have a happy spring and see you soon!

Weronika

PS: Have you got any nice ideas for English classes for kindergartens and primary school students? ;)

6 comments:

  1. Weronika! How fantastic that you get to go to the conference in Warsaw. You are advancing so much! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Happy Spring to you tool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your little students love having you as their teacher, Weronika! Glad you raised so much money for your Kindergarten with those pretty creations for the Easter fair, too :)

    I'm sure you will do just fine at the conference--your English is excellent!! Really :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun class you have! I love all the Easter decorations you and your family made for the fair. They are very pretty. Good luck with the conference, I'm sure you will do very well. Your stitching is very pretty, and I especially love the owl.

    I will look forward to hearing about the conference and seeing more of your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching looks great. There were some very nice things in your sale, I'm glad it turned out so well. Ideas for English class: people (father, mother, etc) countries around the world, weather?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fund raising for kindergarten was very successful. So many great things that you and the kids prepared.
    Good luck at the conference.

    ReplyDelete