Jan 5, 2016

Reading challenge book 1 „Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”

As the first book from my list I’ve chosen J.K.Rowling “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” I remember reading it for the first time soon after it came out in Poland in 2000, so 3 years after the British premiere. I was 10y.o. then and I went completely crazy about it. To be honest – I am still a big fan of Potter series. It is really nice to read it after such a long time as now I am looking at it completely different than when I was 10. Also, because of the movies, I see the characters differently now and when I read it I am picturing tem as the actors that played in the movies. It’s hard to see Harry without Daniel Radcliffe’s face ;) but I really like all the movies so it is not a problem.

What I like the most is that it is adventurous, that it takes me to Hogwarts and the whole Potter’s world and let me enjoy their adventures as they are mine. Then when I put the book on the shelf I feel quite oddly that I am not in the castle or in a Forbidden Forest J. Also at age of 25 it is funny to read about all the characters troubles that are now so far away from me. They were much closer to me when I was around their age reading the book at first time. Sometimes they might look quite childish but of course it is a children’s literature.


To sum up: I am really glad I went to Potter world again and I am eagerly waiting to continue the Potter series.



Have a good day Friends!
Weronika

No comments:

Post a Comment