Mar 18, 2017

March, spring and a lot of things to do

Hello dear Friends!
I haven’t been here for a while and I missed blogging very much. The reason why I’ve been absent for such a long time is the amount of work I have to do every day. I was a little bit lazy with blogging as well, but I made a lot of different things instead and I want to share them with you.

In January we celebrate Grandma and Grandpa Day. Each kindergarten group has got its day for the gala. First children prepare invitations for their grandparents, then we are practicing poems and songs and finally we perform in front of our lovely public. This year I’ve chosen poems related to every month of the year. Kids have been wearing bands with items connected to each month during their speeches. They have been singing a lot of songs including one in English, dance “Nigun Atik” dance that they learned at Dancing kids classes and they gave their Grandparents handmade heart-shaped candle  holders.






January is the month for carnival fun. In our kindergarten we had a great costume party. This year we went to celebrate with Smurfs. Together with my wonderful friend Iwona we decorated our gym with blue and white and turn it into Smurf’s Village. Posters with mushroom houses, Smurfs characters, blue and white balloons were hanged on the walls. Songs from the movie welcomed children when they arrived and accompany them during their dances. We had some funny competitions; we danced together some circle dances from Dancing Kids classes, play with balloons and had a lot of fun together. It was a lot to prepare but the result was really satisfying for me.






Each day in our kindergarten we learn something new. Not only kids are learning – teachers are learning too. In February we receive first-aid training. It wasn’t the first one that we had but it is very important to repeat it at least once a year. This time our teacher was Mr. Paweł Powązka one of our Montessori parents and  a rescuer in our copper mines. He brought all the necessary equipment so we can practice a lot. I was very pleased when I found out that I know the answer for all Mr. Paweł questions when he was examining us during the training to see how much we already remember.



In March together, with kids from my group, we went to amazing classes about animals. In Lubin we have a very special Education Centre in the biggest park in our town. The title of the classes we took was: “What can swim, fly, crawl and run.” Children could learn about the mammals, reptiles, fishes, birds and insects that are the most common for our environment. They took part in quizzes, puzzles and games about biology and zoology. We have been very proud when they surprised the teacher from the Centre with their knowledge about biology. We are Montessori kindergarten – we learn a lot! Actually they have the knowledge of primary school children. So the woman was very surprised by their answers and kind of puzzled as well.







March is also an international woman’s day. So our Boss presented us with tulips on this occasion. We were also very pleasantly surprised by some of our kids who brought us some flowers on that day. I’ve got some beautiful flowers from one of my student’s father as well.




In March we had our annual „I will show you Montessori” meeting with children and their parents. On that special day kids are their parents’ teachers. We invite parents into our Montessori classrooms and we give them the opportunity to work there with their children. Students are taking the lead and they teach their moms and dads how to work with Montessori materials. It is so much fun to see them so proud of what they do every day, to show their parents their classroom and what they learned there.










And now two more very important days are coming. First day of spring that we will celebrate by having a spring parade and Easter fair – this year will include not only auctions but also concert prepared by kids that will include songs and dancing. I can’t wait for it! There is a lot of preparation now: making Easter cards, some pieces that we would like to sell on the fair and auction and a lot of decorations to do.

On my English classes we were going through a lot of topics. during the winter time we had the story about one lost mitten, we learn about the weather, animals and festivals such as Christmas, valentine’s Day and Groundhog Day, we count, we sing, we learn new words every day. Here are some pictures from the things I prepared for my children.

Now it is time to take out some spring stuff.  It’s time to take out new cards that I prepared lastly. Among them there are: spring flowers, most common birds, kitchen tools, environments elements, animal covers, fabrics patterns, nocturnal animals. I am about to create some cards for natural disasters (kids have been asking where does tornado comes from and why we haven’t got it in Poland), furniture and probably something more.

Cards for youga exercises.

Cards for word building. What words starts with SNOW?

Mittens with numbers and dots. Match each number with the propoer amount of dots.

Pictures for J.Brett "The Mitten" story.

Memory game with snowmen.

Winter words - picture cards.

Snowflake memory game and domino.


Nocturnal animals cards.

Most common birds.


kitchen devices

spring flowers

Alphabet charts. We are lerning words that starts with each letter of the alphabet. Here is letter A.

English speaking countries - flags and maps.

English speaking countries - cards.

And here are some pictures from our everyday at Montessori. We are working, playing, singing and doing many many more. Here is our morning circle routine. We already updated our calendar, and now we are practicing counting and dressing our bear in his winter clothing.






And last but not least my stitching. I made some cross stitch work lastly. I actually have two small finishes of Snoopy and some new starts of a dolphin, the Divergent symbols (I started it when I was reading the books) and some sea horse are finished. I know it is not much but it is at least something. I fell in love with some Alice in Wonderland patterns and some London themed pieces but I suppose they may end up on the pile of “to do” charts and will lay there forever…






This will be all for now. I hope to write something about our Easter fair and concert and to show you some more stitching on my next entry. There will be also some new books reviews on the “Reading corner” tab at the top of my blog.


See You dear Friends, have a nice March!

Weronika

11 comments:

  1. Oh I enjoyed getting caught up with you and the children Weronika. Such a fine job you are doing! I love the Snoopy stitching you have done especially.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos but I hope you don't mind me asking if you have the permission of the school and parents to post photos of their children on the Internet? We do not allow it because of our jobs. I only say because I wouldn't want you to get in trouble.
    Lovely stitching too, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do have it. We have our facebook account as a school and all the parents signed the permission to post their children photos. My Boss also knows about my blog so I am allowed to show these photos here as well.

      Delete
  3. Your school children are so fortunate to have you for their teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of your teaching experiences! Thank you for sharing. Very lovely stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing such a great job at your kindergarten, Weronika. And it's a job that keeps you very busy indeed. But it's worth it.
    Good that you still find the time to stitch a bit for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete