May 6, 2015

Searching for some time to stitch...

Hello Friends,


There are so many things to do that there is no much left for stitching and blogging. I am trying to seize every opportunity to stitch something – at least a little part of something. This is how I managed to do a little improvement on Jesus silhouette and my owl.



Owl

Jesus
On both of them I marked the places where I should do the crosses. Sometimes it’s easier for me to stitch like this because when I am leaving the patterns for such a long time I find it really difficult to find the spot where I ended. It also makes my stitching much faster because I don’t have to count the crosses all the time. Then I can focus on one thing – the most pleasant – stitching.

I also dusted off some of my older stitching, but I only managed to put them out from my WIP box. I forgot about some pieces I put there so maybe it’s time to go back to them. The only question is how to find time for that? Now I will probably go back to my “lady” as I am a little bit tired of all this black. So… it’s time for colors!


Thank you all for visiting my blog and for all your kind comments. 

Have a great time with your stitching! 


Weronika


11 comments:

  1. Hmm, I never thought to mark the fabric like this, only in grids! How interesting~ :D I imagine it's very helpful for travel stitching too, no need to worry about the pattern as long as it's one color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you mark the fabric Weronika? That's a great idea. Lovely progress even if you don't have much time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To mark my croses I mostly use a cartridge pen or a pencil. When the pattern is not very big I am marking the all spots and after that I start stitching. When it is bigger like the owl I am doing it partially. Marking the fabric is a really boring thing to do :) but it's very useful.

      Delete
  3. So clever!
    Love that owl design... and I see you too is stitching black :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea to mark the fabric. And nice progress on both your projects. I can easily understand that you want to stitch on a project with colours now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting to mark your fabric first--I'll bet it really helps! Your designs are both looking great, Weronika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Weronika -i just found your lovely blog.You have stitched some very cute Lizzie Kate Pieces and your portrait of Jesus is just georgeous !! Well Done " Greetings from Finland !-Maija

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty work! Love your owl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wondering how you mark the fabric for stitching?
    Are you using black DMC or silk on Jesus? The coverage is perfect.
    Your owl is coming along nicely.
    There never seems to be enough time to stitch all if our projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To mark my crosses I mostly use cartridge pen or a pencil. When the pattern is not very big I mark them all at once, when it is big I am doing it partially (for example one row). For Jesus I am using polish brand of thread called "Ariadna". It covers pretty well as I am using 3 strands and it looks like this is the right amount for this type of fabric. I use this type of thread for most of my stitching as it is the most common in Poland as well as the cheaper one.

      Delete
  9. Both pieces are beautiful! It's fun to switch projects with different colors to stitch. love Annette

    ReplyDelete